Subject: re: logo
From: Branko Collin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 93 15:35:03 MET

First, I do not wish to discourage you in programming a Logo interpreter,
but there is a very good Logo in the Public Domain, called PowerLOGO.
It may even be freeware. Its syntax deviates a bit from regular LOGO
(not toomuch and I am not even sure, because it's the only LOGO I've
ever used), but as far as I can judge it's definetly worth checking
out. It's on a Fishdisk.

Second, there were numerous tips for drawing a turtle, most of which
involved doing complex stuff, like opening hundreds B-) of screens.
Just do this:
Gr Write 2
DRAW_TOITLE[ANGLE,X,Y]
Gr Write 0
DRAW_TOITLE[ANGLE,X,Y]
...where draw_toitle is your routine to draw a triangle.
This technique is also used to get rubberbands and is shown in one of
the example files. There is one disadvantage; It will flicker.

.......................................................................
.       Branko Collin                . 'Nonsense is the opposite      .
.       [email-masked]  .  of sense and should           .
.   //  [email-masked]      .  therefor be taken serious-    .
. \X/   [email-masked] (work)    .  ly.' - I                      .
.......................................................................